Compliance with the standard and clear information to the worker about the need to wear safety shoes and the features they must possess is entrusted to the employer.
While originally the use of safety shoes was required for the fields of building and industry, with increased sensitivity for safety in the workplace, the obligation to wear this protective equipment has been extended to many sectors, also including bars and restaurants.
Law by Decree no. 106 dated 3 August 2009 contains the indicative though not complete list of the activities and fields of activity for which the use of protective footwear may be necessary.
Safety shoes with puncture-proof sole
- Carcassing work, foundation work and roadworks.
- Work on scaffolding.
- Carcass demolitions.
- Works in reinforced concrete and prefabricated units with assembly and removal of falsework.
- Works on construction sites and in storage areas.
- Work on roofs.
Safety shoes without puncture-proof sole
- Works on steel bridges, construction works in very tall structures, pylons, towers, lifts and hoists, steel hydraulic constructions, blast furnaces, steelworks, rolling mills, large containers, large pipes, cranes, boilers and electric systems.
- Furnace constructions, heating or ventilation system installations, as well as the assembly of metal constructions.
- Conversion and maintenance works.
- Works in blast furnaces, direct reduction systems, steelworks and rolling mills, metallurgic plants, hammer and drop forging plants, hot pressing and drawing plants.
- Works in stone quarries, mines, open excavation and landfill removal.
- Stone working and finishing.
- Production of flat glass and hollow glass, as well as working and finishing.
- Handling moulds in the ceramic industry.
- Facing works in the vicinity of the kiln in the ceramic industry.
- Works in the heavy ceramic industry and in the construction materials industry.
- Handling and storage.
- Handling blocks of frozen meat and metal preserve containers.
- Railway shunting work.
Safety shoes with heel or with wedge sole with puncture-proof mid sole
- Work on roofs.
- Safety shoes with thermally-insulated mid sole.
- Activities on and with very cold or burning masses.
Safety shoes which can easily be removed
- In the case of the risk of penetration by molten substances.